Fast Home Health Aide Online Training
Do you have the desire to help seniors live in their homes longer?
Home Health Aide online training offers you a fast way to join the growing Home Health industry! The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment of home health aides is projected to grow by 50% through 2018. Southern Technical Institute offers Home Health Aide in a variety of options that also meet the minimum requirements mandated by the Federal government for agencies that receive Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement.
Southern Technical Institute Fast Home Health Aide Online Classes
The Southern Technical Institute offers fast Home Health Aide (HHA) online training courses that cover topics that will show you how to help the elderly, the disabled and people in poor health. Home health aides assist clients to maintain their quality of life and independence at home. Once you complete our online Home Health Aide online classes you will be provided with the knowledge you need to succeed as Home Health Aide.
Southern Technical Institute Home Health Aide online training courses are designed to train home health aides through use of online software, reading, videos and pre/ post quizzes and a final exam to measure learning. You will need to plan to attend Southern Technical Institute for one full day to see instructor demonstrations and practice hands-on clinical skills for Home Health Aides or provide documentation from a supervising Registered Nurse of a Home Health Agency that has supervised your skill set while on the job. Successful completion of this course satisfies the federal law requirement that home health aides employed by agencies accepting Medicare and Medicaid complete at least 75 hours of study.
Southern Technical Institute Home Health Aide Online Training prepares you in the following:
- Knowledge of how to maintain bodily and emotional comfort, and to assist the client toward independent living in a safe environment.
- Deliver health care to the elderly, ill, or disabled.
- How to work with residents who need more extensive physical and/or medical care than a typical family can provide.
- Assisting clients with everyday activities like getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, exercising and grooming.
- How to communicate and interact with clients, family and other members of the health care team effectively;
- Having empathy for basic human needs of the client;
- Understanding individual and family differences and their need for home care services;
- Recognizing issues surrounding the care of the adult with mental health problems and mental illnesses;
- Working with adults and children with disabilities;
- Observe, report and document conditions and changes in conditions to the client’s well-being.
There is no State exam required to work as a Home Health Aide in the State of Florida. Once you successfully complete the training course, you will receive a 50-hour Home Health Aide certification. If you are currently licensed as a Florida Certified Nursing Assistant, you will receive a 75 Hour certification with proof of your Florida Certified Nurse Assistant certification.