Orlando CNA Classes in Orlando
Southern Technical Institute has officially open for CNA training in Orlando, Florida. With the huge demand for CNA’s and Home Health Aides, the Orlando Campus will focus primarily on fast growth, short term medical training. Southern Technical Institute was formerly known as Florida Medical Prep, founded in 2003, to offer certified nursing assistant (CNA) examination preparation in Largo, Florida. Over the years, the school has expanded to offer instruction in First-Aid, CPR certifications, and Med (Pass) Tech courses, and now diploma programs in related health fields. In 2009 the school began offering diploma programs licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education. In 2013, Florida Medical Prep was purchased by Southern Technical Institute. Southern Technical Institute also owns Southern Technical College – an accredited nine-campus junior college system.
CNA and Home Health Aide Training Benefits
Healthcare is among the noblest of fields. If you’re interested in making other people’s lives better—or even saving them—you might consider becoming a certified nurse’s assistant (CNA) or home health aide. Finding a job in the healthcare industry is a lot easier than you think—especially if you enroll in a short, informative course at Southern Technical Institute. We’re proud to help Tampa-area residents find lucrative and fulfilling careers in healthcare.
Orlando CNA Classes
If you’re interested in becoming a CNA, but can’t afford to take time away from your other obligations, you’ll be glad to know that it’s a relatively quick and simple process.
- CNA Prep: Southern Technical Institute offers a CNA prep course that will teach you the information and skills you need to pass the Florida CNA exam. The course costs only $299, takes 40 hours to complete, and you don’t need a high school diploma or GED to enroll.
- Passing the Test: CNA prep can help you become a CNA more quickly than you might expect. After completing our course, you can take the CNA exam and start looking for jobs.
- Articulated Classes: We also offer an Articulate Nursing Assistant program, which has a more detailed curriculum. Students must have a high school diploma or GED to enroll in this program.
Orlando CNA Career Information
You’ll find a career in healthcare to be rewarding in many ways. If you’re considering a career as a CNA, you’ll want to know the following information.
- Duties: CNAs provide basic healthcare services to people who are elderly, disabled, injured, or otherwise require care. A CNA monitors patients’ vital signs, assists with daily activities, and can perform CPR if necessary.
- Work Environment: CNAs often work in hospitals, nursing homes, and personal homes.
- Job Outlook: The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that CNA employment will increase by over 20% over the next 10 years. Since there are so many retirees in Florida, that percentage is likely to be even higher in the Tampa area.
Home Health Aides in Orlando Florida
Another option is to become a home health aide. As a trained home health aide, you will be qualified to help clients with bathing, grooming, eating, and other everyday activities. Whether you choose certified nursing assistant training or home health aide training, Southern Technical Institute will help you get started. We offer in-house financing for our programs, and we’re proudly affiliated with nearly 150 local facilities. After you complete your program with us, we’ll gladly help you find a promising position.