Do you need to learn how to draw blood or simply want to improve your skills in a short amount of time? The Phlebotomy Program provides hands-on training through 16 classes, over an eight week period, to ultimately prepare you for work as a Phlebotomist, as well as early preparation for National Phlebotomy Certification. The phlebotomy program is an option for individuals that are looking to increase their knowledge about Phlebotomy and/or want additional training to enhance their other medical credentials.
The Phlebotomy program will give you all the knowledge and skills you need for work as a Phlebotomist. Unlike other phlebotomy training courses that have you practice solely on a phlebotomy training aid, we have you practice on a training aid to build up your confidence, and provide you with opportunity to do live sticks within the classroom. There’s nothing better than having the hands-on training that will boost your confidence and give you the assurance you need to become your best as a Phlebotomist.
The Phlebotomy Certification training Lecture and Textbook Topics will include the following:
- Phlebotomy Practice & Quality Assessment Standards
- Communication & Documentation
- Phlebotomy Medical Terminology & Anatomy
- Phlebotomy Equipment & Blood Draw Procedures
- Correct Order of Blood Draw, Tubes, and Additives
- Venipuncture procedures
- Point-of-Care Testing & Special Blood Draw Procedures
- Common Lab Test & Procedures
The Hands-on Phlebotomy Certification Training will include the following:
- We start you with the artificial training arms so that you can gain basic knowledge and comfort of properly working with the blood draw equipment and the blood draw procedure.
- Once you master the training arm, you will begin drawing “live sticks” within the supervision of your instructor.
- You will perform live sticks using the most common blood draw techniques using the Syringe, Butterfly (wing infusion set), and Vacutainer needles to ensure you are well prepared for work in Phlebotomy.
Phlebotomy Certificate Course vs Diploma Program
The Phlebotomy Express class is a continuing education course that provides a certificate of completion. This course covers topics related to all aspects of Phlebotomy Technician only and does not include any other certifications or preparation. Furthermore, the Phlebotomy Express does not include a clinical externship or diploma.
Certified Phlebotomy Technician through National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Once you have successfully completed the Phlebotomy Technician express course, you will be eligible to take the National Phlebotomy Certification exam through National Healthcareer Association (NHA) for an additional fee. The NHA Phlebotomy Technician exam is hosted at Southern Technical Institute. Becoming a nationally certified phlebotomist will increase your employment opportunities and build better credibility in your Phlebotomy profile. National Certification is optional. All testing fees are the responsibility of the student and is not included in the tuition.