HHA Online Training
Do you have the desire to assist clients in the safety and security of their own home?
Home Health Aide online training offers you a fast and convenient way to join the growing Home Health industry! The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment of home health aides is projected to grow by 36% through 2028. Southern Technical Institute offers Home Health Aide in a variety of options that also meet the minimum requirements mandated by the Federal government for agencies that receive Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement.
Southern Technical Institute’s Fast and Convenient Home Health Aide Online Classes
The Southern Technical Institute offers fast and convenient Home Health Aide (HHA) online training courses that cover topics that will show you how to help the elderly, the disabled and people in poor health. Home health aides assist clients to maintain their quality of life and independence at home. At the end of your training with Southern Technical Institute, you will have the knowledge necessary to start a career in Home Health!
Southern Technical Institute’s Home Health Aide online training curriculum takes place completely on the internet. You can access the courses using your smart phone, iPad, laptop, desktop computer or use one of our campus-based computer labs. A variety of multimedia elements, including graphics, audio, videos, and web-links presents the material using a variety of education methods. Quizzes and a final exam are also employed to help you gauge your learning.
A necessary final element to the HHA course is a two-hour hands-on clinical skills competency review and practice. If you are unable to travel to an STI campus, you will need to arrange with a Florida licensed nurse or physician to conduct the HHA competency review off-site. However, approval for the off-campus review and completion of the STI HHA competency assessment form will be necessary. Therefore, STI Student Services would need to be contacted prior to scheduling any off-site review. Successful completion of this course satisfies the federal law requirement that home health aides employed by agencies accepting Medicare and Medicaid complete at least 75 hours of study.
Southern Technical Institute Home Health Aide Online Training prepares you in the following:
- Knowledge of how to maintain bodily and emotional comfort, and to assist the client toward independent living in a safe environment.
- Deliver health care to the elderly, ill, or disabled.
- How to work with clients who need more extensive physical and/or medical care than a typical family can provide.
- Assisting clients with everyday activities like getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, exercising and grooming.
- How to communicate and interact with clients, family and other members of the health care team effectively;
- Having empathy for basic human needs of the client;
- Understanding individual and family differences and their need for home care services;
- Recognizing issues surrounding the care of the adult with mental health problems and mental illnesses;
- Working with adults, new mothers, infants and children with disabilities;
- Observe, report and document conditions and changes in conditions to the client’s well-being.
No state exam is required to work as a Home Health Aide in the State of Florida. When you have successfully met both the theory and skills benchmarks, you will receive a 40-hour HHA certificate.
If you already have completed a training program as a certified nursing assistant (CNA) through Southern Technical Institute or you are currently licensed as a Florida Certified Nursing Assistant, you will receive a 75 Hour certificate with proof of your CNA certification. The 75-hour HHA certificate does meet AHCA guidelines and enables you to work for Home Health Aide (HHA) agencies that bill Medicaid/Medicare for approved client services. All Home Health Aide courses offered at Southern Technical Institute meet the criteria for AHCA guidelines.